Do you have a golf ball that’s looking a little too…well, dirty? Not to worry! This blog post will show you how to clean golf balls in just a few easy steps. Whether your ball is covered in grass stains or mud, we’ve got you covered. So read on and get started!
Golfing is a popular sport with many enthusiasts worldwide, and we at Ascent Gifts work with that in mind. We provide golf lovers with the tools they need to have a unique golfing experience.
You can head to the golf tools section on our website to check all the products we have. In this article, we will highlight one product in particular and explain to golfers the best way to clean their dirty golf balls.
Cleaning Dirty Golf Balls Step-by-step Guide
Taking good care of our golfing tools and polishing our golf clubs is vital to play the sport efficiently – and it is as essential to wash the golf balls.
Why is it Important to Clean Golf Balls?
Cleaned golf balls weigh less; therefore, they fly better and roll at an improved trajectory, freeing from contaminants like dirt, mud, soil, or grass. Debris can negatively influence the aerodynamics of your golf balls, providing you with a bad golfing experience.
Contaminants in a dirty golf ball also accelerate the wear and tear on the golf ball and the head of the golf club.
Cleaning Golf Balls Step-by-step
The amount of dirt will influence the steps necessary to clean your golf ball – light dirt or heavy dirt must be dealt with differently.
Cleaning Light Dirt
- Step 1: Since there isn’t much, it is safe to use a dishwasher to clean a dirty golf ball quickly – the first step is then to place your golf balls in a compartment with dishwasher detergent.
- Step 2: Upon placing the golf balls and dishwasher together, you can run them at a medium cycle. This will allow you to clean your golf balls in more detailedly.
- Step 3: Once washed, wipe the golf balls with a towel.
Cleaning Moderate Dirt
- Step 1: The process changes once more dirt is on your golf balls, as simply a dishwasher would not be enough – in this first step, the golf balls must be placed in a bucket with warm water and vinegar. Let them rest there for half an hour.
- Step 2: After 30 minutes, dump the water and use a pressure washer to finish the cleaning. The vinegar will have dissolved most of the debris.
- Step 3: Dry the golf balls with a towel and place them under the Sun.
Cleaning Heavy Dirt
- Step 1: In the same way that moderate dirt is cleaned, this first step requires a warm water and vinegar solution. However, instead of 30 minutes, the golf balls will be left to soak for one hour.
- Step 2: With more warm water and baking soda, create a paste and rub it on the balls with a special bristled brush. Then, just like with moderate dirt, place the golf balls in a pressure washer.
- Step 3: Wipe the golf balls with a towel and let them soak in the Sun.
Special Instructions – Removing Pen Marks
Suppose your cleaned golf ball has pen or marker scribbles on them, dab acetone in cotton and rub the golf balls. After that, use dishwashing soap to clean it one last time and then wipe it with a towel.
Also Read: Best Golf Gifts For Women
Ascent Gifts’ Portable Golf Ball Washer
Another option to clean your golf balls is by using our portable golf ball washer. For only CAD$29.99, you can wash your golf balls on the go with this lightweight and durable utensil!
Check Out Ascent Gifts for More!
Keeping your golf balls clean not only makes them look better, but it can also extend their lifespan. By following the tips above, you’ll be on your way to keeping your golf balls in pristine condition. And don’t forget, we have a wide selection of golf ball cleaners to choose from – so you can find the perfect one for you! So what are you waiting for? Start shopping now!
We provide clients with great gift ideas for their loved ones and free shipping across Canada and the US.